Recipe At A Glance
Turn your favorite Bays English Muffins into an elegant brunch option with this recipe for Gruyere Open Face with Bacon & Apple.
- 1 medium onion (about 5 ounces), chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 4 BAYS English Muffins, any variety, split, toasted
- 8 slices bacon, cooked, cut in half
- 1/2 red apple, cored, cut into 16 thin slices
- 2 oz. Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1 tsp. fresh thyme leaves, optional
- In a medium skillet, sauté onion in oil over medium-low heat about 10 minutes or until lightly golden brown, stirring occasionally. Stir in salt.
- Mix onion, butter, and mustard in medium bowl.
- Place muffin halves on baking sheet. Spread evenly with onion mixture; top each half with 2 pieces of bacon, 2 apple slices and 1 tablespoon cheese.
- Broil 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with thyme.