- 2 (12-ounce) bags frozen whole green beans
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 6 cups water
- 6 cups ice water (in plunge pot)
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 3 large shallots, very thinly sliced into rings
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. dry white wine
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
- Servings 8
- Calories per Serving 194
- Total Fat 14g
- Saturated fat 3g
- Trans fat 0g
- Cholesterol 7mg
- Sodium 177mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11g
- Dietary Fiber 1g
- Total Sugars 5g
- Protein 4g
- In a large pot, bring water and salt to a boil.
- Add green beans and cook until bright green (2 to 3 minutes).
- Drain beans, plunge into a pot of ice water and set aside.
- In a small non-sick skillet, heat sesame oil over medium heat.
- Add almonds, stirring constantly.
- After 1 to 2 minutes and color begins to develop, add seasonings.
- Toast 1 to 2 minutes more; remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add butter, shallots, wine and sugar.
- Sautè, tossing frequently with tongs until caramel color develops, for about 20 minutes.
- Add green beans back to the skillet.
- Toss with the shallots 1 to 2 minutes until warmed through.
- Pour mixture into serving dish, top with toasted almonds and serve immediately.