- 1 7oz pouch Armanino Garlic Sauce
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- butter for the baking dish
- 3 pounds large yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced (about 1/8”)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Place a rack in the lower third of the oven and preheat to 325°
- Combine garlic sauce, cream and 1 teaspoon salt in a saucepan and bring just to a boil. Immediately remove from heat and let sit while you prepare the potatoes.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes – about 1/8” thick – with a sharp knife or a mandoline.
- Lightly butter the bottom and sides of a deep 9”x13” baking dish then arrange the potatoes in a single, slightly overlapping layer. Top evenly with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Continue layering and seasoning with the remaining in potatoes.
- Gently pour the garlic cream over the layered potatoes and bake until tender and lightly golden brown, 1 hour 20 minutes.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400°F and bake for 10-15 minutes until the top is nice and golden brown.
- Let the potatoes rest for 15 minutes to set a little before serving. Can be made several hours ahead and reheated in a 325°F oven for about 20 minutes util hot.
- For a more complex flavor, finely mince a few shallots, chives or scallions and sprinkle between the potato layers with the salt and pepper.
- If you prefer to serve pre-cut wedges, line the baking dish with foil and once slightly cool carefully lift out of the dish and cut into pieces.