- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 7 to 8 cups coarsely crumbled cornbread
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and celery, and sauté for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine egg and sour cream; mix well. Add corn, sautéed vegetables, cornbread, and broth. Stir gently until thoroughly mixed. Spoon stuffing into casserole dish.
- Cover and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, or until heated through in center.
Test Kitchen Tip:
If you want to add a little kick to this, try starting with jalapeño-studded cornbread, or you can add a few tablespoons of chopped pickled jalapeños to the mix.