- Vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Cinnamon Sugar Butter Spread
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 large LAND O LAKES® Eggs
Chocolate Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup LAND O LAKES® Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pour 1 inch of vegetable oil into large high-sided skillet. Bring oil to 350°F. over medium heat and maintain, using candy thermometer to ensure temperature accuracy.
- Meanwhile, mix together sugar and cinnamon in shallow medium-sized bowl; set aside.
- Place butter spread, water, milk, and salt into small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a simmer.
- Remove pan from heat. Add flour all at once, stirring vigorously until fully incorporated. (Dough should be very thick and form a ball in the pan.)
- Transfer dough to large mixing bowl. Beat on low speed about 30 seconds until slightly cooled. Increase speed to medium. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Spoon dough into pastry bag fitted with star tip (1M size). Pipe strips of dough, approximately 6 inches long, directly into hot oil. Use kitchen shears dipped in flour to cut dough from pastry bag. Pipe only a few churros at a time to avoid overcrowing pan and reducing oil temperature.
- Fry churros, turning once, about 5 minutes or until golden brown on all sides. Transfer churros to paper towel-lined tray. Roll in cinnamon sugar mixture and set aside.
- Repeat process until all dough is used, adjusting heat as needed to maintain oil at 350°F.
- Place chocolate chips into small bowl. Heat 1/2 cup whipping cream in small saucepan over medium-low heat until bubbles form around edge and cream is steaming. Do not boil. Pour hot cream over chocolate chips; let stand 30 seconds. Gently stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Serve with churros.
- 30 servings
While these taste the most delicious fresh, churros can be made ahead of time and frozen. Fry according to directions but don’t roll in cinnamon sugar. Let cool completely. Place in freezer safe food storage bag. When ready to eat heat oven to 375°F. Lay churros on baking sheet and bake 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Roll in cinnamon sugar and serve immediately.