- 3 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 medium (2 cups)red and/or green bell peppers, cut into strips
- 1 small (1/2 cup)onion, cut into strips
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 8 (8-inch) flour tortillas, warmed
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack or Cheddar cheese
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Sour cream, if desired
- Fresh cilantro leaves, if desired
- Prepared salsa, if desired
Melt butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat; stir in chili powder, cumin, garlic salt and ground red pepper.
Add chicken. Cook, turning once, 13-18 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165⁰F, chicken is golden brown on both sides and juices run clear when pierced with a fork. Remove from skillet. Cut into thin strips; keep warm.
Add bell peppers and onion to same skillet. Cook 5-7 minutes or until softened.
Heat refried beans in microwave until warm. Spread over tortillas.
Top each tortilla with chicken, pepper mixture, cheese and additional toppings.