- 12 frozen yeast dinner rolls
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Thaw rolls on baking sheet for 3 to 4 hours, or overnight in refrigerator until dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cheddar and mozzarella cheeses; mix well. Roll out a dough ball to about a 4-inch round. Place a heaping tablespoon of cheese in center of dough. Bring the edges together, then press to seal. Using a rolling pin, roll out the stuffed dough, until it’s about 6 inches in length, (it will be a half circle and the cheese will now become a layer within the dough.) Roll into a rope, then tie into a knot and place on the greased baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough balls.
- In a small bowl, mix butter and parsley. Brush rolls with about half the butter mixture and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and brush again with remaining butter mixture. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip:
For a change of pace, try this with a zippy pepper jack or buttery Muenster cheese. Maybe even mix and match a couple of favorites.