- 1 pound ground beef (not less than 80% lean)
- 4 (2 tablespoons) Land O' Lakes Butter Balls
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 4 slices Land O' Lakes Deli American
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- lettuce leaves
- tomato slices
- red onion slices
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
- Calories 440
- Cholesterol 105mg
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Protein 31g
- Fat 24g
- Sodium 1010mg
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Form 4 ounces ground beef into ball. Using thumb, make 1/2-inch indent into center of patty; place 1 Butter Ball into center. Repeat with remaining beef and Butter Balls.
- Heat skillet to medium-high heat. Place burgers butter-side down into skillet. Heat 30 seconds or until butter starts to melt. Using spatula, smash burgers to 1/4-inch thickness. Sprinkle with half each salt and pepper. Cook 3-4 minutes.
- Flip burgers over; sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Cook 3 minutes. Add 1 slice Deli American to each burger; cover. Cook 30 seconds or until cheese is melted and internal temperature of burger reaches 165°F.
- Build burgers as desired using buns, patties and any optional toppings as desired.
Form these burgers up to a day ahead, then cover and refrigerate before cooking.