- 6 oz. baby portabella mushrooms, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold Land O Lakes® Butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- 2 Tbsp. melted Land O Lakes® Butter
EGGS AND CHEESE
- 8 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 8 (3/4-oz.) slices Land O Lakes® Deli American
- *Substitute 1 tablespoon vinegar or lemon juice and enough milk to equal 1 cup. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Cook mushrooms and garlic in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or until most of the water has evaporated and mixture begins to stick to bottom of pan. Pour mushroom mixture into large bowl; add ground pork, salt, sage, thyme, and red pepper. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide mixture into 8 equal portions; shape into 1/4-inch thick patties. Place patties onto parchment-lined baking sheet pan. Refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 450°F. Heat electric griddle to 350°F or large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl; cut in butter pieces with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened. Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 10 times or until smooth. Roll out dough to 9x6-inch rectangle, about 3/4-inch thick. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 4 even pieces, forming 8 rectangular biscuits. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheet. Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage patties on electric griddle or skillet, turning once, 8-9 minutes or until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 165°F. Use another pan to press sausage patties flat while cooking. Set aside; keep warm. Wipe griddle or skillet with paper towel. Cook eggs to desired doneness.
- Cut biscuits in half; place cheese slices onto bottom half of biscuits. Place back into oven 1 minute to melt cheese slightly. Top each with sausage patty and cooked egg.