- 3 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 (16 oz.) container cottage cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup flaxseed milk
- 3 Tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place potatoes in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and the scallions; mix well and set aside.
- Drain potatoes well and return to pot. Place back on heat 1 minute to make sure all water has evaporated. Add flaxseed milk, butter, salt, and black pepper and beat with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
- Spread half the potato mixture evenly in a 2-quart baking dish. Top with a layer of the cottage cheese mixture. Spoon the remaining potato mixture over the cottage cheese filling and sprinkle with remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.