Recipe At A Glance
Try something new this holiday season by baking up Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s Bavarian Pretzel Stuffing. It’s a flavorful stuffing that features lots of fresh veggies, including a fresh-frozen favorite – broccoli! Plus, the soft pretzel pieces add a unique, German twist! This is one stuffing recipe you won’t soon forget.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (13-oz.) package frozen soft pretzels, heated according to package directions, without salt
- 3 cups herb-seasoned cubed stuffing
- 4 frozen cooked sausage patties, heated and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup frozen broccoli florets, thawed and chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth, warmed
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add celery and onion and sauté 10 to 15 minutes or until onion begins to brown.
- Meanwhile, cut pretzels into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add cubed stuffing, sausage, broccoli, sautéed vegetables and broth; mix until well combined.
- Spoon stuffing into baking dish and cover. Bake 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through.