- 8 oz. package of frozen asparagus spears
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup Daisy Brand Cottage Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. ground dry mustard
- 3/4 cup Sargento Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Set one oven rack in the middle position and the second rack in the lowest position.
- Place a 9×13 baking dish filled half-full of boiling water on the lower rack. This step will help gently cook and steam the egg bites and attain a custardy texture, similar to sous-vide egg bites.
- Prepare a 12-cup non-stick muffin tin or two non-stick 6-cup muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray, or use muffin wrappers.
- Cook the frozen asparagus according to the package directions, but shorten the cooking/microwaving time by half so that the asparagus is tender but still firm. Cut the asparagus spears into 1-inch pieces and set them aside.
- In a blender, add the eggs, cottage cheese, and spices. At medium speed, blend the egg mixture for 45-60 seconds, scraping the sides of the blender if needed. The mixture should be frothy and smooth when finished.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly into the muffin cups. Sprinkle each muffin cup with approximately one tablespoon of Parmesan cheese. Evenly divide the cut asparagus spears in each muffin cup. Evenly divide the bacon crumbles in each muffin cup.
- Place the muffin tin(s) in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Let the egg bites rest in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before serving. Use a spoon or spatula to loosen the egg bites and serve immediately.
Egg bites can be refrigerated for 3 days and frozen for 2 months in an airtight container. Simply heat refrigerated or thawed egg bites in the microwave for 60-90 seconds for a quick, high-protein breakfast! Great for meal prep.