March 6, 2021
Discover the Hottest Foods on Frozen Food Day
Frozen foods are hotter than ever! Not only is it Frozen Food Month, March 6 marks National Frozen Food Day. In 1984, President Ronald Reagan dedicated an entire day to the American frozen food industry’s accomplishments after celebrating its 54th year of service. Thirty seven years later, the frozen food industry has come a long way. While the pandemic had everyone stocking up this past year, we all discovered the countless great products the frozen food aisle has to offer. In fact, frozen food sales were up 22 percent in 2020!
The frozen food aisle is now a destination for a good food experience – farm-to-table, simple ingredients, less processed, lower sodium, etc. The industry has responded to all of our preferences/needs in developing many innovative products. Innovation in the frozen food aisle means you can find foods for every dietary goal or lifestyle – plant-based, gluten-free, organic, vegan and more. There are also chef-inspired frozen food products, including worldly flavors, unique ingredients and trendy dishes. It’s a great way to try new foods and flavors that would be difficult to make at home. There’s so much to discover in the frozen food aisle!
The pandemic led to more eating and cooking at home, so we all may need a little boost of inspiration in the kitchen. Celebrity chef Jamie Gwen shares tips and meal ideas to overcome cooking fatigue using freezer shortcuts.
You can mix up meal planning with bold flavors and unique ideas from the freezer aisle, like a Snacking Board with 3 Dipping Sauces, Ultimate Pancake Breakfast Sandwich, Waffle Fry Chicken Skillet Nachos and Southern Lemon Pie Mousse!
Our friends at Mr. Food Test Kitchen are also celebrating everything the frozen food aisle has to offer, today and all month long!
This Chicken & Veggie Skillet uses freezer shortcuts and is ready in 15 minutes!
While comfort foods like pizza, mac ‘n cheese and potatoes are driving most frozen food sales, plant-based foods and ethnic dishes are seeing a lot of growth.
Check out these plant-based and veggie-forward options:
- Perfectly portable DelMonte Veggieful Spinach Artichoke Parmesan Pocket Pies gives you meat-free options on-the-go.
- With Green Giant Cauliflower and Spinach Gnocchi, you can indulge without all the carbs.
- Jimmy Dean Plant-Based Patty, Egg, Cheese Croissant Breakfast Sandwich is great for breakfast on the fly.
- For a quick side dish, Pictsweet Farms Roasted Tuscan Vegetables are easy and delicious.
- Give your morning a boost with Dole Boosted Blends Energize Smoothie in a variety of flavors.
- Michael Angelo’s Tri-Color Cheese Tortellini Gourmet Bowl is a vegetarian restaurant-quality meal for one.
Indulge in some comforting classics and worldly flavors:
- Instead of take-out, try InnovAsian Japanese-style Teriyaki Chicken stir-fry.
- A classic dish like Rosina Meatball Stuffed Peppers is even better thanks to a frozen shortcut.
- Totinos Takis Fuego Mini Snack Bites are chili pepper & lime seasoned bites with a cheezy mozzarella filling.
- Gear up for the game with Tyson Chicken and Mac Sliders for the win.
- A comforting homemade meal like Celentano Cheese Stuffed Shells with Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom Alfredo is easy thanks to frozen stuffed shells.
- Connie’s Supreme Deep Dish Pizza tastes like you have a pizzeria at home.
- Rao’s Made for Home frozen entrees like Chicken Alfredo, Meatballs with Sauce, Chicken Parmesan and Penne alla Vodka are heat-and-eat wonders.
- Put a little kick in your lunchtime routine with a Jose Ole Chicken Fajita Burrito Bowl.
- For your sweet tooth, Apple Pie Eggo Empanadas give you dessert without all the work.
What new frozen food products have you recently tried? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals. Happy Frozen Food Day!