December 10, 2020
Cheers to National Egg Nog Month!
December is National Egg Nog Month and we’re all about celebrating! Although the exact origin of egg nog is disputed, most historians can agree that the rich drink came about in the late 1700s. One theory on the name is that it derived from combining the ingredient “egg” with the word “grog,” which is what American Colonists called thick drinks. Another idea is from the word “noggin,” which meant a small cup or mug.
In the 17th century, sherry was the alcohol of choice to make egg nog, along with sugar, milk and of course, eggs. However rum was cheap and quickly became a more popular ingredient. Egg nog is enjoyed primarily during the holiday season due to its fragrant holiday spices, and has been enjoyed for centuries since. Today, an array of variations on the popular beverage have been created, and even expand to rich desserts.
Explore these products and recipes this holiday season and all December-long to celebrate!
Ready-to-Enjoy Egg Nog Products
- One glass of this Organic Low Fat Egg Nog and you won’t be able to resist drinking the whole carton.
- This handcrafted Eggnog Ice Cream does not disappoint – get your hands on some today!
- Are you dairy-free, gluten-free and/or vegan? Try this velvety Original Soy Nog made without eggs!
- Creamy with zesty spices, this Holiday Nog made with coconutmilk is sure to hit the spot!
- Another option free of dairy, nuts and soy are these Holiday Nog and Pumpkin Spice Nog varieties.
- This limited edition Eggnog is made with certified humane free-range eggs and the perfect amount of spice.
- Love almondmilk? Try this Holiday Nog version or even Holiday Nog Almondmilk Creamer to add to your favorite coffee!
Egg Nog Dessert Recipes
- These Eggnog Streusel Muffins are the perfect breakfast treat or dessert!
- A rich crust and creamy filling make these Eggnog Cheesecake Bars an instant hit.
- Craving egg nog for a quick snack? Try this Eggnog Chia Pudding.
- No oven, no problem! This No Bake Eggnog Pie is so creamy and delectable!
- These Snowflake Eggnog Cookies are an adorable treat that are fun to make!
- Make your own ice cream at home with this Vegan No-Churn Eggnog Ice Cream!
- Talk about indulgent – how can you say no to this Eggnog Cheesecake with Honey Bourbon Praline Sauce?
- Dazzle your taste buds with this elegant Nog Crème Brûlée.
- This Eggnog Pie with Maple Spiced Whipped Cream is simple irrisistable!
Egg Nog Beverage Ideas
- Ready in just 15 minutes, this easy Gingersnap Eggnog makes enough for the whole family!
- Use up that leftover eggnog in this Cookies & Cream Eggnog!
- Make this Vegan Eggnog for a dairy and gluten free treat!
- Coffee lovers, check out this Eggnog Coffee for an afternoon pick-me-up.
What are your favorite ways to enjoy egg nog? Do you ever make it from scratch? Share with us on social @EasyHomeMeals!