- 2 cups French vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups refrigerated eggnog
- 6 gingersnap cookies, crumbled plus 4 whole cookies for garnish
- 1/4 cup brandy or rum (optional)
- frozen whipped topping, thawed or fresh whipped cream for garnish (see Test Kitchen Tip)
- In a blender combine ice cream, eggnog, brandy if desired and cookies; blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into glasses. Top with whipped cream and a cookie and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
To make fresh whipped cream place 1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl. Using an electric mixer on high speed, beat mixture until soft peaks form. Enjoy and refrigerate any leftovers.