23 Favorite Childhood Recipes
We all have favorite childhood recipes. You know, the ones that mom or grandma or Aunt Helen used to make. They’re foods that can be comforting in these stressful times. Traditional dishes that taste like home and make us feel like kids again. Let us remind you about some of these classics for any time of the day.
Breakfasts that take you back to the good ol’ days:
- So easy to make, Unbeatable Sausage Gravy and Biscuits lets you have restaurant quality breakfast at home.
- When the most important meal of the day is also the busiest time of day, French Toast Sticks are a classic go-to breakfast.
- Wake up to tasty fun with a classic Cheesy Toad in a Hole.
- Bake up a savory Quiche Lorraine to satisfy any appetite.
- Nothing takes you back to childhood like heat and eat Cinnamon Monkey Bread.
Lunches that leave you longing for the past:
- The traditional sandwich gets an upgrade in this Bacon and Tomato Grilled Cheese.
- It takes only minutes to have English Muffin Party Pizzas with all your favorite toppings.
- In the classic New-England style, Chunky Clam Chowder will fill you with warm goodness.
- A rich, flavorful Creamy Tomato Soup is perfect to pair with a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Does anything make you yearn for childhood like fun and tasty Pizza Rolls?
- Spruce up your favorite dish with some veggies with Broccoli Mac & Cheese.
Delicious dinners from down-home:
- Simple ingredients make this Classic Cheese Lasagna a dish the whole family will love.
- Traditional Chicken Pot Pie gets a makeover with light and flaky phyllo dough crust.
- Italian flavors combine in this Crispy Chicken Parmesan that’s perfect atop pasta.
- This kid-friendly Southern Beef Stroganoff can be ready in under 30 minutes.
- Skillet Chili Mac is an easy, one-pot favorite the whole family will enjoy.
- Nothing says “home” more than warm and creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Classic childhood desserts:
- Jello with Fruit Mold still looks impressive and tastes like home.
- Sweet and fruity Summertime Fluff is the perfect light dessert.
- An old-fashioned strawberry milkshake goes over-the-top when you make it a Strawberry Patch Waffle Milkshake.
- A nostalgic Chocolate Éclair Cake will delight with layers of cream and graham cracker topped with chocolate.
- Quick and easy Strawberry Shortcake has all the homemade taste you love in minutes.
- All the classic flavors combine in these bite-sized Banana Split Bites.
What childhood recipes and traditional dishes make you nostalgic for home? Share with us on social media @EasyHomeMeals and using the hashtag #AtHomeEasyMeals.