Recipe At A Glance
In honor of March Frozen Food Month, our friends at Mr. Food Test Kitchen took a bag of frozen veggies + vegetable pasta + General Tso’s Chicken—all from the freezer aisle—to make this Winner Winner, Chicken Dinner!
- 1 (18-oz.) box frozen General Tso’s Chicken (see Tip)
- 3 frozen egg rolls
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1 (10.8-oz.) package frozen Asian Medley vegetables
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen vegetable penne pasta (see Tip)
Test Kitchen Tip: When it comes to this recipe, feel free to swap out the veggies suggested with a different Asian blend or the General Tso’s Chicken with a Sweet & Sour Chicken. And did you realize that the vegetable penne pasta is made 100% from vegetables? We also tested this with frozen riced cauliflower in place of the vegetable penne pasta and the results were just as tasty…and good for you!
- Prepare chicken and egg rolls according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over medium heat, bring water to a boil. Add Asian vegetables; cover and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add vegetable pasta; cover and cook for another 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Drizzle the hot chicken with half the sauce that comes with it; toss to coat. Spoon the remaining sauce into the pasta/veggie mixture. Spoon pasta/veggie mixture onto platter and top with chicken.
- Serve immediately with egg rolls.