- 1 pound linguine pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups Lactaid whole milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup crispy cooked bacon, crumbled
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, to make the Alfredo Sauce; in a large saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until hot. Add garlic and cook 1 minute, stirring occasionally making sure it doesn’t burn. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute or until golden.
- Slowly whisk in milk and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper until thoroughly combined. Add peas and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until heated through.
- Place cooked pasta in a large bowl, add half of the Alfredo sauce and the bacon and toss to coat. Serve piping hot and spoon each portion with additional sauce as desired.
- Lighten It Up: You can easily cut some calories and fat by substituting turkey bacon for traditional cooked bacon.