- 1 lb rigatoni
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
- 1 oz vodka
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup peas
- In a large skillet, add the heavy cream, crushed tomatoes, vodka, basil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper. Stir to combine, cover, and cook over medium heat until the sauce comes to a boil, stirring often.
- Uncover, turn heat to low, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to boil and cook the rigatoni until al dente (or however soft you like it). Drain and set aside.
- After 30 minutes of the sauce simmering, stir in the Parmesan cheese and peas.
- Stir in the cooked rigatoni.
- Serve with Michael Angelo’s Eggplant Parmesan.