Recipe At A Glance
Flowers and candy are dandy, but this year, why not give Mom a special beverage that she’ll love? These Tropical Mother’s Day Sippers come together in minutes, starting with a handful of refrigerated and frozen ingredients — and the best part? You can serve it spiked with rum or alcohol-free.
- 3 cups frozen pineapple chunks, plus extra for garnish
- 2 cups refrigerated Piña Colada juice
- 1 (15-ounce) can cream of coconut
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 3/4 cup rum (optional)
- Fresh whipped cream for garnish
- Maraschino cherries for garnish
- 2 tablespoons toasted coconut (see Tip)
- In a blender on high speed, blend pineapple, piña colada juice, and cream of coconut for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Add the ice cubes and rum, if desired, and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour into glasses.
- Garnish each glass with whipped cream, a maraschino cherry, a pineapple chunk, and a sprinkle of toasted coconut. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip: Toasting coconut is easy! Just place shredded coconut into a small nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Heat coconut for 3 to 5 minutes or until lightly golden, stirring occasionally. Oh, and if you’re not sure where to find the Piña Colada juice, check the chilled beverages case right next to the OJ.