- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 lb. mild bulk Italian sausage
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 tsp. finely chopped garlic
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground or coarse ground pepper
- 6 (1-oz.) slices LAND O LAKES® Deli Provolone Cheese
- 1 (16-oz.) loaf ciabatta bread, sliced in half horizontally, cut into 6 equal pieces*
- 3 Tbsp. LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- Roasted red pepper strips, if desired
- Fresh basil leaves, if desired
Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white. Combine ground beef, sausage, onion, garlic and pepper in large bowl; mix lightly. Shape into 6 (1/2 inch thick) patties.
Place patties onto grill. Grill, turning once, until internal temperature reaches at least 160°F. or until meat is no longer pink in center (10 to 12 minutes). Top each patty with slice of Land O' Lakes® Deli Provolone Cheese during last minute of grilling.
Meanwhile, brush cut-sides of bread with butter. Place onto grill, buttered-side down. Grill until toasted.
To serve, place burgers onto 6 toasted bread bottom pieces. Top each with roasted red pepper strips and basil, if desired. Top with remaining toasted bread pieces.