- 2 Tbsp. LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 3 (6-in.) corn tortillas
- 1 medium (1/2 cup) onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (10-oz.) can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 (4-oz.) can chopped green chiles
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (9-oz.) container bean dip
- 3-oz.s (3/4 cup) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Heat oven to 425°F. Lightly butter both sides of each tortilla with about 1/2 teaspoon Land O' Lakes® Butter. Cut each tortilla into 3/8-inch strips. Place onto ungreased baking sheet.
Bake, turning once, for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned and crisp. Remove from oven. Place onto paper towels; set aside.
Meanwhile, melt remaining butter in 2-quart saucepan over medium heat until sizzling; add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender (2 to 4 minutes). Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese and tortilla strips. Continue cooking stirring occasionally, until heated through (5 to 6 minutes).
Top individual servings with cheese and tortilla strips.
To enhance the flavor of the soup, use a spicy bean dip or a flavored bean dip, such as smoky chipotle.
Bake extra tortilla strips to use as topping for taco salad or even for snacking. Lightly salt, if desired. Store in resealable plastic food bag.