- 10 slices bacon, coarsely chopped
- 12 (1-in. thick) slices French bread
- 6 (3/4-oz.) slices LAND O LAKES® Deli American Cheese, each cut in half
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, sliced into 24 slices
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 LAND O LAKES® Eggs
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
- Maple syrup, warmed
Spray 13×9-inch glass baking dish with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
Cook bacon over medium heat in 10-inch skillet just until browned (6 to 8 minutes); drain well. Place into resealable plastic food bag; refrigerate until ready to use.
Cut 3-inch slit in side of each bread slice, cutting almost through. Place 1/2 slice cheese and 2 apple slices into each slit. Place bread slices into prepared dish, cut-side down.
Combine milk, brown sugar, eggs and 1 teaspoon cinnamon in medium bowl; beat at medium speed until well mixed. Pour mixture over bread. Combine sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in small bowl; sprinkle over top. Drizzle with melted butter. Cover tightly with plastic food wrap; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Heat oven to 350°F. Uncover; top with bacon pieces. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until puffed and set. Serve warm with maple syrup.