- 1 bag of Ore Ida Golden Tater Tots
- 3 cups Bird's Eye Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, boiled, mashed
- 3/4 stick butter
- 1.5 cup Italian blend cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Arrange Ore Ida Tater Tots on a baking sheet. Place the tater tots on the center rack of the oven & bake for 15-minutes. Remove tots from the oven.
- Adjust the oven temperature to 350°F.
- Peel, cut, & boil the potatoes. When done, strain off the water and return potatoes to the pot; add butter, cheeses, salt, and black peppercorns to taste.
- Place a large skillet over med-high heat, brown the ground beef, add salt and pepper to taste. When the ground beef is done, strain grease and return it to the skillet. Add a can of cream of mushroom soup and mix well.
- Next, add the Bird's Eye mixed vegetables, onions, and garlic to the ground beef and stir gently until the mixture is well-combined.
- Spray the bottom of a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Spoon the beef mixture into the bottom of the dish, spread it around evenly. Add the potatoes and spread them evenly, then place the tater tots over the top of the cheesy mashed potatoes.
- Place the casserole pan onto the center rack of a preheated 350°F oven & cook for 35-minutes.
- Remove the Tater Tot Shepherd's Pie from the oven, let it cool, then serve.
- Garnish w/ chives.