- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2-1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Berries for garnish (optional)
- Frozen chocolate-covered fruit for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over milk; let stand 5 minutes, or until gelatin is softened.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla.
- Over medium-low heat, simmer until sugar has dissolved stirring occasionally. (Do not let it boil.) Remove saucepan from heat, add gelatin mixture, and stir to completely dissolve gelatin. Pour into individual custard cups or mini martini glasses.
- Refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight.
Test Kitchen Tip:
To make this extra special, garnish these with frozen chocolate-covered fruit (yes, you can find them in the freezer case next to the ice cream or the frozen fruit) and a few fresh berries.