- 1 (16.3-oz.) can refrigerated biscuits (8 biscuits)
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/2 gallon ice cream or frozen yogurt (see note)
- 1/2 (8-oz.) container white frosting
- Assorted sprinkles and candy for garnish
- Separate biscuits and lay flat on a cutting board. Using an apple corer or bottle top, cut out a small circle in the center of each biscuit, forming donut shapes.
- In a soup pot over medium-high heat, heat 1-inch of oil until hot but not smoking. Cook donuts in batches for 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden. Drain on a wire rack. Let cool.
- Slice doughnuts in half horizontally and place a scoop of ice cream on bottom half of each donut. Place donut top over ice cream and gently press down.
- Place frosting in a small re-sealable plastic bag; snip off one corner of bag. Drizzle frosting over donuts and garnish with sprinkles and candies. Serve immediately or wrap individually in plastic wrap and place in freezer until ready to serve.
Mr. Food Test Kitchen Tip:
- As for the flavors of ice cream, feel free to mix and match. Maybe use a bunch of different flavors so that everyone can get exactly what they want.