GRAHAM CRACKER COOKIE
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large Land O Lakes® Egg
- 1 large Land O Lakes® Egg (yolk only), save egg white
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 6 (1.55-oz.) full-size milk chocolate bars
7 - MINUTE FROSTING
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 large Land O Lakes® Egg (white only)
- 1 tsp. light corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with aluminum foil, extending over edges. Set aside.
- Combine flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl; set aside.
- Beat butter, sugar and brown sugar in large bowl until creamy. Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla; beat until well combined. Slowly add flour mixture; beat until just combined. Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake 26-30 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and lay chocolate bars over cookie. Return to oven for 2 minutes. Using an off-set spatula spread the melted chocolate over the graham cookie layer. Let cool completely until chocolate is set.
- Place about 1/2 inch water into bottom pan of double boiler. Bring to boil over high heat. Combine 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup water, egg white, corn syrup, cream of tartar and salt in top of double boiler. Place mixture over rapidly boiling water (water should not touch bottom of pan); beat at highest speed with hand mixer 7 minutes or until mixture forms stiff peaks. (Do not overcook.) Remove from heat; add vanilla. Continue beating 2 minutes or until frosting holds deep swirls.
- Lift bars from pan using foil ends. Remove foil. Frost top of bars. Use kitchen torch to toast frosting. Let sit 5-10 minutes before cutting to allow frosting to set.