- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 cup slivered onions
- 1/2 cup fat-free reduced-sodium beef broth
- 4 tsp. LEA & PERRINS Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 slices sourdough bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices KRAFT DELI DELUXE Process Smoky American Cheese Slices
- 4 tsp. KRAFT Real Mayo Mayonnaise
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add onions; cook 6 min. or until golden brown, stirring frequently. Stir in broth, then Worcestershire sauce; cook on medium-low heat 6 min. or until liquids are cooked off, stirring occasionally. Remove onion mixture from skillet; carefully wipe skillet clean with paper towels.
- The onions can be cooked ahead of time. Cool, then refrigerate up to 5 days before using as directed.
- Fill bread slices with onion mixture and cheese to make 2 sandwiches. Spread outsides of sandwiches with mayo.
- Cook in skillet on medium heat 2 to 3 min. on each side or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are golden brown on both sides.