- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh chives or green onion tops
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 4 Bays English Muffins, split and lightly toasted
- 6-8 ounces smoked salmon or lox, thinly sliced
- Snipped chives for garnish
- Lemon zest for garnish
- Combine cream cheese, chives, lemon juice and zest; mix well. Spread mixture evenly over muffin halves. Arrange salmon over four muffin halves; serve open-faced, garnished with snipped chives and lemon zest, if desired.
- Variation: Substitute 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish for the lemon juice and zest. This variation tastes best with more heavily smoked salmon.