Recipe At A Glance
Getting a meal on the table for the family is a breeze with these Slow Cooker Cranberry Chipotle Pulled Pork Sandwiches from Lively Table.
Featured ProductCape Cod Select Premium Whole Cranberries
- 2 tsp. chipotle powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 (3-4 lb.) pork roast
- 2 cups Cape Cod Select Frozen Cranberries
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 2 Tbsp. tomato paste
- Whole wheat buns
- Lettuce (I like butter lettuce)
- Thinly sliced red onion
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the spices. Rub spice mix all over the outside of the pork roast. Place roast in the slow cooker.
- Add cranberries, cider vinegar and honey to the slow cooker.
- Close the lid and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove the cooked roast to a plate, leaving the juices in the slow cooker, and shred using two big forks or your hands (with gloves).
- Whisk the tomato paste into the juices in the slow cooker to form a sauce. It will be a little lumpy from the cranberries.
- Add the meat back into the sauce and stir to combine.
- Serve pork with whole grain buns, lettuce, and red onions.
- For gluten-free, use your favorite gluten-free buns.
- If you have young kids, this recipe may be a little spicy as written. For less heat, use only 1 tsp chipotle powder.
- When the pork is ready, it should easily shred with forks. If it doesn’t shred, it needs more time.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.
- Leftovers can be used to make more sandwiches, on top of bowls, in tacos or enchiladas, or stuffed into potatoes or peppers!