- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cook Alexia Sweet Potato Fries according to the bag, for half a bag it will take approx 12 minutes. You can bake the whole bag and enjoy the crispy remainder, but if you do this, consider that the baking time will double.
- Meanwhile, mix flour, baking powder, salt, and black pepper.
- In a separate large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Pour in melted butter and buttermilk, then stir until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to the liquid mixture and stir until well-integrated. Finally, fold in cooked sweet potatoes and green onions.
- Warm up the waffle maker and make the waffles following the instructions of your appliance.
- Serve with pico de gallo salsa. Drizzle with sour cream if you like.
- Make it a full plate by adding Jimmy Dean sausages. They are already cooked, so you just need to heat them up for a few minutes and that’s it, easy peasy!