- 1 cup frozen plant-based veggie crumbles, thawed
- 1/2 cup frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons diced pimiento, drained well
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup garden vegetable cream cheese spread
- 1 (14.1-ounce) package refrigerated pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine veggie crumbles, spinach, mozzarella cheese, pimientos, onion and garlic powders, salt, and pepper; mix well. Stir in cream cheese until thoroughly combined.
- Unroll one pie crust dough on a flat surface. Using a rolling pin or water glass, roll out dough slightly thinner. Using a 2-inch heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut out dough into 12 to 14 heart shapes. (This will depend on the size of your cookie cutter.)
- Place a teaspoon of mixture onto half the hearts and top with remaining hearts. Using a fork, crimp edges and place on baking sheet. Unroll second pie crust dough and repeat the process.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm.
Test Kitchen Tip:
February is Heart Health month so go ahead and enjoy these mini turnovers with a bowl of soup or as an appetizer while watching the big game.