- 1 (1-lb.) loaf Italian or French bread, cut in half lengthwise
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette salad dressing
- 4 to 5 romaine lettuce leaves
- 2 ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4-in.
- 6 (1/2-oz.) slices LAND O LAKES® Chedarella Cheese
- 1/2 (7 1/4-oz.) jar (1/2 cup) roasted red bell pepper slices, drained
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup mild banana pepper rings
- 1/3 cup sliced ripe olives
- 6 to 8 fresh basil leaves*
Scoop out center of top half of bread, leaving 1/2-inch shell; set aside.
Brush both cut sides of bread with dressing. Layer bottom half of loaf with lettuce leaves, tomatoes, Land O' Lakes® Chedarella Cheese, roasted red pepper, onion, banana pepper, olives and basil leaves. Cover with top half of bread. Wrap entire loaf in plastic food wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until serving time.
Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Cut into slices.
*Substitute 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves.