- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 (4-serving-size) package instant vanilla pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup canned 100% pure pumpkin (not pie filling)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed and divided
- 1 (6-ounce) prepared chocolate cookie pie crust
- 1 tube black decorating frosting, optional
- Halloween candies for decorating, optional
- In a large bowl, combine milk and pudding mix, and beat with an electric mixer until combined. Add cream cheese, pumpkin, and pumpkin spice; beat until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping until thoroughly combined. Spoon mixture into pie crust and spread remaining whipped topping over pie.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight until firm. If desired, decorate pie as shown in photo. Pipe frosting in circles, and starting in the center of the circle, drag a knife to the outside, creating a web design. Garnish with Halloween candies, if desired.
Test Kitchen Tip:
If you’re in a rush to serve this, go ahead and pop the pie in the freezer, rather than overnight in the fridge until it firms up. When ready to serve, leave it out at room temperature for 15 minutes and dig in.