- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pictsweet frozen onions
- 1/2 (10-oz.) pkg. Pictsweet frozen chopped spinach, defrosted (about ½ cup)
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (28.2-oz.) DiGiorno Rising Crust Pizza (or other frozen pizza)
- 3/4 cup frozen Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles, defrosted
- 3 Tbsp. basil pesto, store-bought or homemade (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Heat a medium sized skillet over medium high heat, and add the olive oil. When hot, add the onions and the spinach, season lightly with salt and pepper, and sauté for about 10 minutes until the liquid is completely evaporated and everything is cooked. Let cool.
3. Remove the pizza from the package and evenly distribute the cooled spinach and onion mixture over the top. Distribute the turkey crumbles over the pizza. Bake according to the pizza package directions.
4. When the pizza is cooked, remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Dot the pesto over the surface of the pizza, if desired, and serve hot.
- Keep the pizza frozen until the oven is preheated and you are ready to cook it.
- For the crispiest crust, place the frozen pizza directly on the center rack of the preheated oven. For a softer crust place it on a cookie sheet and bake for the longer amount of time as suggested on the package.
- While there are lots of vegetables in this pizza recipe, if you are looking to round out your meal, make a fresh salad to go with it. There are lots of great packaged lettuces in the refrigerated aisle of the produce section.
- Let the kids wander down the frozen food aisle and pick out a topping or two. They may be more adventurous with their vegetable choices knowing that they are going on top of a pizza!