- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup Pictsweet frozen onions
- 1/2 (10-oz.) pkg. Pictsweet frozen chopped spinach, defrosted (about ½ cup)
- Kosher or coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 (28.2-oz.) DiGiorno Rising Crust Pizza (or other frozen pizza)
- 3/4 cup frozen Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles, defrosted
- 3 Tbsp. basil pesto, store-bought or homemade (optional)
- Keep the pizza frozen until the oven is preheated and you are ready to cook it.
- For the crispiest crust, place the frozen pizza directly on the center rack of the preheated oven. For a softer crust place it on a cookie sheet and bake for the longer amount of time as suggested on the package.
- While there are lots of vegetables in this pizza recipe, if you are looking to round out your meal, make a fresh salad to go with it. There are lots of great packaged lettuces in the refrigerated aisle of the produce section.
- Let the kids wander down the frozen food aisle and pick out a topping or two. They may be more adventurous with their vegetable choices knowing that they are going on top of a pizza!