- 3 sheets Athens® Fillo Dough (9″ x 14″), thawed
- 1 teaspoon walnuts, finely chopped, plus additional walnut halves for garnish
- 4 ounce wedge Roquefort cheese
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Cooking spray
Nutrition Info (Per Serving)
- Iron 0%
- Calcium 6%
- Vitamin C 0%
- Vitamin A 2%
- Protein 2g
- Sugars 1g
- Total Carbohydrate 1g
- Dietary Fiber 0g
- Sodium 170mg
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Trans Fat 0g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Total Fat 3g
- Calories from Fat 23
- Calories 40
- Thaw one roll of phyllo, following thawing instructions on package. Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Unroll and cover phyllo sheets with plastic wrap, then a slightly damp towel to prevent drying out. Place one sheet of phyllo on work surface, lightly spray with cooking spray. Layer with second sheet of phyllo and spray. Sprinkle chopped walnuts over the surface. Layer third sheet of phyllo but do not spray. Reroll unused sheets and follow storing instructions on package.
- Using a cheese wire or sharp thin knife, bisect the Roquefort wedge from the tip to the midpoint of opposite edge, cutting it into two equal pieces.
- With short side of phyllo nearest you, lay one half of Roquefort horizontally about two inches from the edge. Lay the second half of Roquefort next to it with the point facing opposite direction forming a rectangle. From the bottom, lift the dough over the cheese. Tuck in the dough from the edges and gently roll to the end.
- Place seam side down on a parchment lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven.
- Drizzle with honey and garnish with walnuts. Allow to cool at least 15 minutes before cutting in half and serving.