- 1 box Four Cheese Medley or Classic Cheddar
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 red and/or green sweet bell peppers, sliced (about 2 ½ cups)
- 1 large onion, sliced (about 1 ¼ cups)
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 pound boneless sirloin or flank steak, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or American cheese (8 ounces)
- Boil pierogies for 5 to 7 minutes, as directed on package. Drain and place pierogies in a large bowl.
- Over medium-high heat in a 12-inch skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of oil. Add peppers, onion and ¼ teaspoon of salt; cook until tender-crisp, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add vegetables to the bowl with pierogies and toss gently to combine.
- Heat the remaining teaspoon of oil in the same skillet and add steak, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Cook and stir until lightly browned. Return pierogies and vegetables to skillet; toss with steak.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cover the skillet and remove from heat; let stand just until cheese begins to melt, about 3 to 5 minutes.