- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup cold Land O Lakes® Butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Butter, melted
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in buttermilk just until moistened.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 10 times or until smooth. Roll out dough to 9×6-inch rectangle, about 3/4-inch thick. Cut in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 4 even pieces, forming 8 rectangular biscuits. Place 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Brush biscuits with melted butter. Bake 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. (Check biscuits often to assure they do not overbake.)
- Serve warm with plenty of Land O Lakes® Butter with Canola Oil spread on top.