- 1 loaf frozen bread dough, defrosted and at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. corn meal
- 1 Tbsp. flour
- 2/3 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup pepperoni
- 8-oz. mozzarella cheese, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Heat oven to 400° F. Cut bread dough in half lengthwise. Spread a large work surface with cornmeal. Place both pieces of dough on work surface and dust lightly with flour. Roll dough to about 4 in. wide and about 22 – 24 in. in length. Spoon pizza sauce in the middle of the dough and top with pepperoni and cheese. Pinch dough around filling and seal edges.
- On a greased cookie sheet, twist dough around and form the pizza roll. Whisk egg and garlic powder and brush pizza twist liberally. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese. Bake pizza twist for 25 – 30 minutes, or until golden brown.