- 2 cups Flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 stick butter, chilled and diced
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup Coffee-Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup diced peaches
- Heat oven to 400°. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a fork or pastry knife. When flour mixture becomes a crumbly mixture with the butter, create a well in flour and add cream and almond extract.
- Stir dough with a fork until it just starts to come together. Dough will look dry and not well incorporated. Add diced peaches and start to fold over dough working it like biscuit dough. Continue to fold over until all the dry flour is incorporated.
- Place dough on a parchment lined baking sheet and creat an 8 inch round disc. Cut dough into wedges and separate them on baking sheet. Bake scones for 18 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.