For the Cake:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of cornmeal
- 2 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 teaspoon of baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup of unsalted butter
- 2 cup of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup of whole milk
- ½ cup of sour cream
- zest of 1 orange
For the Butter Cream:
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 2 cups of powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Baileys® Hazelnut Caramel Blondie Coffee Creamer
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- For the Cake: Mix together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt into a large bowl until combined, and set aside.
- Whip together the butter and sugar in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed until it becomes light and fluffy, about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Next, add in 1 egg at a time until they are completely mixed in, and then add in the milk, sour cream and zest.
- Add in the dry ingredients on low speed until it is completely mixed in
- Spray a 4” high cake round with non-stick cooking spray and add the batter.
- Bake the pan in the oven at 350° for 55 to 60 minutes or until it is lightly browned and firm in the center, and cool to room temperature.
- For the butter cream: Whip the butter in a standing mixer with the paddle attachment on high speed until light and fluffy.
- Add in the powdered sugar and creamer on low speed until combined and then whip it on high speed for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- Once the cake is cool, frost the cake with the butter cream and serve.
Optional Garnish: Orange slices.