- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated hash brown potatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 (0.9-ounce) package Béarnaise sauce mix, prepared according to package direction
- Preheat an electric waffle iron according to directions.
In a large bowl, combine potatoes, the 3 beaten eggs, cheese, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper; mix well.
- Coat top and bottom of waffle iron with cooking spray. Place 1/2-inch-thick portion of potato mixture into waffle maker. (This amount will vary based on the size of your waffle maker). Close lid and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Using a fork, remove waffle to a plate and cover with aluminum foil to keep warm. Repeat with remaining potato mixture.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, bring about 3 inches of water to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer. Break one egg at a time into the water; repeat with additional eggs. Cook 3 to 5 minutes or until whites are set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, remove and drain the eggs. Place 2 poached eggs over each waffle and drizzle with prepared Béarnaise sauce.