- 2 cups (about 36) vanilla wafer cookies, finely crushed
- 1/2 stick butter, melted
- 1 (11-oz.) package white chocolate chips
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/3 cup candied red maraschino cherries, quartered
- 1/3 cup candied green maraschino cherries, quartered
- Line 14 muffin cups with holiday-themed muffin cup liners. (See tip below.) In a small bowl, combine crushed cookies and butter; mix well. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of crumb mixture into each muffin cup liner and press down to form a crust; set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, melt white chocolate chips and cream cheese until smooth, stirring constantly. Add egg and stir until well blended. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Add confectioners’ sugar and continue to beat until stiff peaks form. Fold into cooled white chocolate mixture until well blended. Stir in cherry pieces and spoon evenly into muffin cups.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip:
When it comes to making these, there are so many options. Rather than preparing them in muffin cups, use disposable plastic cups or mini martini glasses. Then, finish each off with a dollop of whipped cream and a cherry (red or green), and you are good to go.