- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup Land O’ Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1 (3-oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 Land O’ Lakes® Eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup Land O’ Lakes® Butter, softened
- 4-oz. white chocolate, melted, cooled slightly
- 3 to 4 Tbsp. whipping cream or Land O’ Lakes® Half & Half
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- White edible glitter or sparkling decorator sugar
Heat oven to 350°F. Place mini paper baking cups into 48 mini muffin pan cups; set aside.
Combine sugar, 3/4 cup butter and cream cheese in large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add milk, eggs and vanilla. Continue beating until well mixed. Stir in flour and 1 cup coconut.
Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan cups. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean and edges are golden brown. Cool 5 minutes in pan; remove to wire cooling rack.
Meanwhile, combine all frosting ingredients except whipping cream; beat until well mixed. Add whipping cream, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired spreading consistency. Place frosting into large disposable pastry bag fitted with large star tip; pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Immediately sprinkle with coconut and edible glitter.
TIP: These can be baked in two batches, using 24 mini muffin pan cups each time.
TIP: Frosting can also be piped by spooning frosting into resealable plastic food bag. Snip off small corner of bag.
TIP: When making homemade frosting, be sure butter is softened so it will blend with other ingredients to make a creamy frosting.