- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Champagne
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, grated
- 1/2 cup canned mandarin oranges, 1/4-1/2″ diced and well-drained
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- Candied orange peel, optional for garnish
- In a small, heavy-bottomed saucepan, using an electric mixer beat together egg yolks and sugar until thick.
- Gradually beat in Champagne.
- Place sauce pan over low heat and continue to beat on low speed for 10 minutes or until mixture reaches 160°F. Place pan in ice water to cool.
- Cover mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- In a small chilled bowl, combine heavy cream and orange zest.
- With an electric mixer, whip cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into egg mixture alternating with drained mandarins.
- Spoon into shells and serve.