- 3/4 cup prepared red pepper hummus
- 4 BAYS English Muffins, any variety, split, toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/3 cup julienned sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, optional
- Spread hummus evenly over muffin halves; top with cheese, olives, sun-dried tomatoes, cucumber and parsley. To serve, cut each half into four wedges.
How to Make Homemade Red Pepper Hummus:
- 1 can (15 oz.) garbanzo beans, drained
- ½ cup drained roasted red pepper pieces, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup tahini (sesame seed paste)
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Place ingredients in food processor; process until mixture is smooth, scraping bowl as needed.
- Hummus stores well refrigerated in air-tight container for up to 3 days. Makes 1-1/2 cups.