- Pizza Dough or Prepared Pizza Crust
- 4 Slices of Bacon, Cooked and Chopped
- ½ White Onion, caramelized
- 8 oz. of Crimini Mushrooms, Sliced
- 4 tbsp. of Butter, Divided for caramelizing the mushrooms and onions
- 1 c. of Chunky Blue Cheese Dressing
- ½ c. of Blue Cheese Crumbles
- 1 c. of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Preheat oven to 450°F. If using a pizza stone, let the oven and stone heat for at least one hour prior to baking the pizza, so the stone has time to heat up properly.
If using pizza dough, let rise and double in size. Place in a warm, dry place to rise for at least one hour.
While the dough is rising, prepare the meatballs bake at 350°F. Place frozen meatballs in a single layer on baking pan for 15-20 minutes. When cooked transfer the meatballs to a large plate and cut each one in half.
Set a large skillet over medium heat add in the slices of bacon cooking until crisp. Set aside allowing to cool and then chop. Drain off bacon grease add in 2 tbsp. of butter over medium heat and add in onions cook stirring occasionally until a nice golden brown and caramelized, set aside. Add in remaining 2 tbsp. of butter and sliced crimini mushrooms cook until roasted and golden brown.
Spread the pizza dough out evenly over a baking sheet. Top pizza dough with blue cheese dressing as a base. Then add the halved meatballs, bacon, mushrooms and onions. Top with additional blue cheese crumbles and mozzarella cheese.
Bake on baking sheet or on pizza stone for approximately 12-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.