- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 3 frozen sandwich steaks (see Note)
- 1 (13.8-oz.) can refrigerated classic pizza dough
- 12 (1-oz.) slices mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1-1/2 cups frozen meatballs, cut in half and thawed in microwave according to package directions
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and cook onion, salt and pepper 3 to 5 minutes, or until onion is tender. Place steaks in skillet with onion and cook for 1 minute, turn over and cook for 2 more minutes, or until browned, breaking apart into pieces with spatula.
- Meanwhile, unroll pizza dough and press into bottom and halfway up sides of the baking dish. Line bottom of pizza dough with 6 slices mozzarella cheese. Evenly spread 1/2 cup pizza sauce over cheese.
- In a medium bowl, toss meatballs with remaining 1/2 cup pizza sauce. Spoon meatballs onto dough and top with steak mixture. Bake for 12 minutes. Top with remaining 6 slices mozzarella cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until crust is browned and cheese is melted.
Note: We tested this using frozen Steak-Eze brand sandwich steaks and Rosina meatballs, they were fantastic for this!