Recipe At A Glance
Chicken and Waffles is good. Chicken and Phyllo is “Oh my god have you tried this?!” good. Just trust us. These bite-sized appetizers are a little bit of sweet, a little bit of savory, and a whole lot of yumminess.
Featured ProductAthens® Phyllo Shells
- 1/2 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups fried chicken, shredded or 1/4 – 1/2″ diced
- 4 ounces honey goat cheese
- 2 packages (15 count, each) Athens® Phyllo Shells
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 6 tablespoons syrup, Dijon mustard, olive oil, orange zest, crushed red pepper flakes.
- Add chicken and coat well with syrup mixture.
- Marinate for 1 hour up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F. In a small bowl, blend together remaining syrup and goat cheese.
- Drain chicken, spoon into phyllo shells and place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Pipe or spoon maple goat cheese on each and garnish with chives.