Recipe At A Glance
Looking for a new appetizer or side dish for your picnic or cookout? Fire up the grill and give Mr. Food Test Kitchen’s Loaded Picnic Waffle Fries a try!
- 1 (20-oz.) pkg. frozen seasoned waffle cut fries
- 1 (9.6-oz.) pkg. frozen fully cooked pork sausage links
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup fresh salsa
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat the grill to medium heat. Coat a 9- x 13-inch aluminum foil pan with cooking spray.
- Place waffle fries in foil pan.
- Cut sausage links into 1/2 inch pieces and arrange on top of fries.
- Place on grill and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until crispy, turning once half way through cooking.
- Remove from heat and top with cheese. Place pan back over heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from grill and garnish with salsa, jalapeno pepper, and sour cream. Serve loaded picnic waffle fries immediately.
Note: Don’t have time to heat the grill? Just bake in the oven at 425 degrees F for 30 minutes or until fries are crispy. Then follow the instructions above and enjoy.